π-Dogx first session and recording took place on November 3'rd 2007. In December 2010 we realized that our first 3.1416 (π) years ended spot on December 31'st! There's a coincidence for ya!
To celebrate, we decided to present a compilation, but how to go about it? Let's see...
- We'd like this CD to include samples from the larger part of these past years
- We have a LOT of tracks to choose from
- Something like an hour+ in total would be appropriate
- We'd like to include more than just a few tracks, maybe even 10-20
- Most of our tracks are loooong, so we need to cut them
Solution includes a lot of π mysticism:
- Each selected recording will get a time of π minutes (3:08)
- Room for about 20 tracks then, but which?
- We listed all recordings that we ourselves found to be the top 60
- Now we grab every π'th recording from this list
- We are usually slow starters, so let's begin at π minutes into the original track
The result is π Nuts - a fitting album title for this bag of nutty snacks!
To continue with this ridiculous π thingy, I will try to upload one track every π days ;)
And the track titles? Well, since these cut outs are not really equal to the original tracks, maybe an anagram would be appropriate?!