π-Dogx first session and recording took place on November 3'rd 2007. In December 2010 we realized that our first 3.1416 (π) years ended spot on December 31'st! There's a coincidence for ya!
To celebrate, we decided to present a compilation, but how to go about it? Let's see...
- We'd like this CD to include samples from the larger part of these past years
- We have a LOT of tracks to choose from
- Something like an hour+ in total would be appropriate
- We'd like to include more than just a few tracks, maybe even 10-20
- Most of our tracks are loooong, so we need to cut them
Solution includes a lot of π mysticism:
- Each selected recording will get a time of π minutes (3:08)
- Room for about 20 tracks then, but which?
- We listed all recordings that we ourselves found to be the top 60
- Now we grab every π'th recording from this list
- We are usually slow starters, so let's begin at π minutes into the original track
The result is π Nuts - a fitting album title for this bag of nutty snacks!
To continue with this ridiculous π thingy, I will try to upload one track every π days ;)
And the track titles? Well, since these cut outs are not really equal to the original tracks, maybe an anagram would be appropriate?!
released December 31, 2010
all rights reserved
feeds for ,